Two years and counting!

D.W.Q.M.: "Mind you, I'm not wild about computers myself, but they are a tool. If you have a tool, it's stupid not to use it." -the Third Doctor

Hey, today is my second blogaversary! :) I started this wondering if I would ever be able to keep it up-I know I haven't posted everyday, but I'm doing better than I thought I would 2 years ago. ;)

The only major regret I have about my blog is that I really haven't done one of the things that I originally intended to use this blog for-which was to talk about my trading cards. I think I may have mentioned some of them a few times, but not on a regular basis. I was planning on talking about newer cards, and my opinions about the sets that are out there, and occasionally talk about my older sets, or older sets that I've found. I think I might try to start doing that now. (hey, why not? It's my anniversary after all.) :)

So, to get things started, I guess I'll give you a history (I'd say brief, but it probably won't be, cause I have a tendency to go on and on about stuff I love doing ;) of my card collecting.

I started back in the 80's with the every popular Garbage Pail Kids My friends and I loved these stickers-and would buy them and trade them constantly. Unfortunately, my mother didn't love them at all, and one day, the Garbage Pail Kids conviently found their way into the real garbage pail. *sigh* When I was finally on my own, I took a trip to Big Fun and purchased several cards for 25 cents a piece to "represent" my original first card collection. ;)

My next major set I'm a little ashamed to admit I have-they are New Kids on the Block cards. So why do I still have them? Well, I put my hard-earned allowace down on those cards, and even if I still don't have a complete set, I did collect them, so I'm keeping them! :p Nyah lol :)

Then I got into collecting Scifi cards, and well-it's all been downhill from there. ;)

That's all for now, (hey, that was quite brief-go me!) Sort of a strange topic to talk about on my blogaversary, but hey-it's my blog, and (imagine Cartman's voice) I'll do what I want. :) LOL. ;)

Comments