Marcon 40, part 1

D.W.Q.M.: "Come along, Benton" -the Brigadier

First, I gotta say it-the guy in the Hawaiian shirt-he totally rocks. :-D

top(l-r)-Joe, John; bottom(l-r)-me, Krismutt as K-9, Debbie, and Debbie's sister, Chrissy

Yes, folks-that's John Levene- Sgt. Benton from U.N.I.T. (go ahead and laugh, Jerm-I know you want to! ;) ) What they say about him being awesome and friendly around the fans-it's all true. He loves the fans, loves talking about his work on Doctor Who. He also has many great stories about working with Jon Pertwee (the Third Doctor) and he loves to tell jokes. He is very approachable-if you got a question-just ask-he loves to talk! :)

When I found out he was coming to Marcon, I was really excited-not only was he the first Doctor Who person that I ever met, but he was my favorite member of U.N.I.T.

The picture also includes some friends of mine that I hadn't seen in a while-imagine running into them at Marcon! ;) We were all at one of John Levene's programs, and I happened to look back, and I thought I recognized Joe and Debbie. I could see that Joe was also recognizing me, and I heard him say, 'that is Ella!' So, after the program, I got Alicia to take a picture of all of us, and as we were posing, John ran up and asked if he could get in the picture, too. We were like, 'well, DUH!' LOL. :)

Speaking of friends, here's a picture of me, Arthur, and Alicia at the masquarade Saturday night:

My eyes look a little weird because I tried, rather unsuccessfully, to fix the red-eye. I managed to get rid of the redness, but the end result makes me looked a little stoned. Oh, well.

I took pictures of the costumes in the masquarade, but my digital camera does not do them any justice, especially the one that Animal X wore. Hopefully the pictures I took on film will be better. (I just need to remember to get them developed. LOL)

I have a few more digital pics to put up-but it's getting rather late and I have to get up early tomorrow. Guess where I'm going tomorrow... back to Columbus! :-D Me, Perseph, Paul and Arthur are going down there to visit our friend Karen. (Karen was in Cleveland when we were in Columbus last week-how funny is that?) Time for more geeky fun! ;)

Comments