Big Fun...for the kid in all of us.

D.W.Q.M.: "What's wrong with being childish? I like being childish." -the Third Doctor

Before I forget, I've updated both my front porch and travel dog pages-feel free to check them out when you get the chance!

So as I'm packing a couple of vid games (Mario Party 6 and Double Dash) for my trip up north, I start mentally preparing myself for the 'why don't you bring up that Super Nintendo and leave it here?' that I'll probably get from my sister. She tries that every time I visit-even starts in on it 3 weeks before I get there. She hasn't said anything to me this trip yet, so I'm actually a little worried. She always tries to guilt trip me and it never works...maybe she's got something really good planned... ;)

My sister is a fan of the old cartridge games, just like me. I still have our old Texas Instruments computer with all the games (another thing she tries to get me to send up to her) lol. One thing we don't have, though-is our old Commadore Vic-20 computer-dunno what happened to that.

Our grandfather was the king of finding old computers at garage sales and making them playable for us-so when most kids had Nintendos (I didn't get mine until I was in college) we had the Texas Instruments and Commadore Vic-20, and had lots of fun playing them! :) I'm actually suprised we still have the TI computer-but we lost track of the Commadore. My favorite game on the Commadore was Radar Rat Race. You were a mouse that had to find all the cheese before the rats got to you-so you ran this maze, with a radar off to the side showing you where you, the cheese, and the rats were-all of this with 'Three Blind Mice' playing at high speed in the background. It was great!

Most of my friends who had Commadores had the 64, instead of the Vic-20. I don't know too many people who had the Vic-20. So yesterday I was walking past Big Fun in Coventry-I love their window displays with all the classic toys playing cards or old board games. I think Batman is the main display now-about a month ago it was Star Wars, and before that He-Man, I think...oh, wait, I digress. ;) Anyhoo, I was walking past Big Fun yesterday and stopped dead in my tracks. There, in the window, was a Commadore Vic-20!! I couldn't believe it! I started thinking about all the games we used to play...what a trip down memory lane that was! Big Fun is a great place for memories...the downside is it makes you realize how old you are becoming...aaahhh! ;)

Comments