My room is like the TARDIS

D.W.Q.M.: "That is the dematerializing control. And that, over yonder, is the horizontal hold. Up there is the scanner, those are the doors, that is a chair with a panda on it. Sheer poetry, dear boy. Now please stop bothering me." -the First Doctor

or, "Holy crap I have alot of junk".

So today I started something that I planned to do last year...that I probably should have done long before now.

I am reorganizing and rearranging my bedroom.

For about a year, it's been an adventure everytime I try to walk around in my room. Actually, it's more like 'climb'. This is because I have been just tossing stuff in my room, and piling up boxes in the middle of it. All of the stuff that I have accumulated over the years-not just college years, but high school, junior high, even elementary school. I didn't think I had stuff that old around here. I moved most of it out of my room and into the living room, so I can rearrange my bed and a shelf.

Here are a few interesting things I have come across while cleaning:

-dust bunnies so big they fought me for my salad.
-50 cents and counting (not quite done yet and I keep coming across pennies on the floor.)
-a photo of an unidentified comet. An actual photo. At first I thought that my dad might have taken it, but it's on Fuji paper (he was a Kodak man). ;) I found it mixed with stuff from elementary-high school, so it could have been any comet. I'm going to try to identify the stars around it, but it looks to be quite a project.
-my 5th grade yearbook (which was also my sister's 2nd grade yearbook) ;)

The funniest thing I found, though, was a note I had written to myself in high school, perhaps junior high. It's on an undated post-it note, and probably written when I was angry at my parents for something. Scrawled, in angry letters, it said, 'Watch lots of Doctor Who and Star Trek: the Next Generation when I move out.' :-D LOL-if nothing else, I have certainly acheived that in my "adult" years. ;)

So I looked around my room, and finally being able to see most of the floor, said, 'Gee, this isn't so bad...'

Then I walked into the living room and screamed.

Dust Bunnies: 47, Romana: -2.

Comments