Top 10 Favorite Doctor Who Companions

Three days until the 50th Anniversary!!!!  Fun fact-Three was my first Doctor!  The first episode I remember watching as a child was The Time Warrior with Jon Pertwee and Elisabeth Sladen's first appearance as Sarah Jane Smith. They say your first companion is always your favorite-not sure how true it is, but in my case, it certainly is!!!!  She was like the older sister I never had.

Speaking of favorite companions, the folks at BBC America's Anglophenia blog have come up with top favorite lists to celebrate the 50th Anniversary.  Check out their companion list!
10 Favorite Companions

...obviously, I totally agree with No. 1 on their list. ;) 

 I also have to agree with No. 2-I love Donna Noble-I felt as though she was the Sarah Jane Smith of the "New Who" era. :)

I pretty much agree with the entire list- (yes, even though Rose is on the list-I had no problem with her during her tenure with 9-I just felt that with 10 she got to whiny and needed.  However, she was the perfect companion to bring in the new era)  I might rearrange the order a bit (the Brig certainly would be higher up on my list!) and I would try to find a way to squeeze in Jo Grant, Liz Shaw, Barbara Wright, and Rory Williams.  But then it would no longer be a top 10 list would it? ;) 

#SaveTheDay #DW50

Comments