Thanksgiving weekend roundup! :)

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving! I did! I went over to the Jarc's for Thanksgiving dinner and had a great time! (even though I was coming down with a cold-boo!) Perseph's brother Adam and his wife Keeya joined us as well. After we ate we watched a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, and played Mario Party 8. LOL. Good times, good times.

I forgot to mention Wednesday when I got home, my downstairs neighbor Rachel was adding lights to the outside of the house. I asked her if she needed any help, and also added a strand of old fashion lights and garland of my own! The front looks pretty good. :) Sunday I did my back porch-this year I did twinkling snowflakes, instead of blue icicles, and I also added a small tree with red and green lights. :)

I didn't do any Black Friday shopping this year (although there were some pretty cool doorbusters). Since I wasn't feeling well, I just relaxed at home. Even though it made my Saturday more busy than I would have liked, I really needed the rest. Of course that meant Saturday I had to run all my errands, plus try to decorate the house before heading to Winterfest later that evening. After I got home Saturday afternoon, I had to put away my fall/Thanksgiving decorations before I could even start Christmas decorating. All I managed to do was get my Snoopy lighted signs in the window. (That's ok, though-it's better than nothing!)

Winterfest was okay-keep in mind, my opinion this year is clouded somewhat, because I had a cold, which is not fun. I loved the Gingerbread houses on display at Tower City, but was disappointed that the flying contraptions they have hanging from the ceiling were once again missing. (someone mentioned that they might be at another mall). I loved those-and I finally had a decent camera to capture them! *sigh* I browsed through some stores before heading out for the lighting of downtown.

Okay, I need to find someplace to write a suggestion to the folks who run Winterfest-if you are only going to spring for one JumboTron, then at least face it in a direction so folks who are not lucky enough to stand in front of the stage can see what's going on!! That's been one of my biggest complaints.

The lights, however, were really cool! GE donated over a half a million lights for the downtown display (all LED, too). I got some pretty cool shots before my camera batteries started to die. LOL. Hopefully I will upload those soon. Unfortunately I didn't stay for the fireworks. Usually they set them off right after they light downtown, but this year they had several performances before the fireworks. I tried to stick around by walking around and taking pictures, but eventually the cold got to me (I blame the cold I had). ;)

Sunday I finished digging out my Christmas boxes and managed to put up my lighted garland and added a strand of lights to the bay window. My tree is up, but without lights. Hopefully I'll get around to adding lights tonight (while watching Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer!) I'm sort of planning on doing most of my decorating this weekend. For now, I have to box up some of my non-Christmas knick-knacks, so I have room! ;) I've also started a holiday baking supply list-there are my usual favorites for the season, plus several new recipes I would like to try. Once again, Family Fun has a couple of holiday cookie ideas I would like to try (last year it was fudge-and boy was it YUMMY!) ;)

Christmas season? Bring it on!!! :)

Comments