Halloween, part 3

Well, even though I have tons of pictures (I take way too many!) I think I will wrap up my 2010 Halloween with this post. Thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away, after all!!!

As I mentioned earlier, this year I spent Halloween at the Jarc's. Since I carved a pumpkin, and felt 2010 Jack deserved to have a candle light his insides, I brought along my freshly (actually, day old) carved pumpkin. He hung out on the front steps, and looked pretty cool!


2010 Jack

As we were getting ready for the kids, we noticed that the setting sun had a very cool affect on the trees in the neighborhood.


Isn't that cool? Look how the trees in the background seem to come alive with a warm autumn glow. Oooh, I love the fall!!!!!!!!

We didn't have as many kids as we've had before-I did a count on Twitter, but by the end of the evening, we had lost count (the gap between kids was unusually long). We probably had less than 100 kids. This year, however, a good portion of the kids were in costume (even if it was only a mask or a painted face, they got an 'A' for effort in my book) and they were all polite (which, for the kids who were not in costume or just in masks, helped with their 'A' for effort. ;)). If some missed saying 'Trick or Treat', they at least said 'Thank you!'. :) We didn't run out of candy, and there was plenty of leftovers!

Back at home, I had set up my annual lighted Halloween Village (thank you, Lemax!) I started this village in 2000 with just one building, and added a new one every year, with the exception of this year and last.


(click to embiggen)

I love my lighted village-both for Halloween and Christmas! Next year I hope to add some more trees to this village-I think it would look cool. I haven't decided if I'm going to continue to add buildings to this one-my Christmas village continues to sprawl, but I kind of like the way this one has shaped up. :)

And last but not least, my back porch! Although I had to replace the bats from last year, I did manage to find similar ones-there are six in a strand, plus the entire bat blinks with this set (the set I used last year, only the eyes twinkled.)


My bats, ghoulies, and totally awesome pumpkin lanterns

Ah, yes, I love this time of year!! Next up, Thanksgiving!!! :)

Comments

cousin Christina said…
you sure do like Halloween. The pumpkin looks great. You've had this blog for all this time and I'm JUST now hearing about it! I've got a lot of catching up to do.
Romana1 said…
*hee* Well, don't worry-you have plenty of time to catch up! I don't write nearly as much as I used to (which is why I haven't mentioned it much), but I really want to start writing on a somewhat regular basis again! :) I'm excited you found my blog!!! :)