Playball..?

So Sunday, I went to a Twins game...although most people around here would call it an Indians game...go figure!

It's tough being a fan of a non-local team-no hoopla, no fireworks when one of your guys does something totally awesome. No flashy announcements (although it was cool when they used to use the Imperial March to announce the opposing team. Hey, if you gotta have enemy music, at least it's the most awesome enemy music out there! ;)) But something does have to be said for being in enemy territory, and then spotting someone sporting a Joe Mauer jersey just like yours in the crowd. The look of recognition on someone's face when they see a complete stranger, yet we are not complete strangers, since we are rooting for the same team. Yes, we are here, and we'll keep screaming for our team!

Earlier, I ran into my friend Jerm at the Rapid station-he was there with his dad and his fiance, Allison (not to be confused with my lil' sis, Ally!!) After joking about how I was going to a Twins game and everyone else was going to an Indians game, we decided to grab lunch once we hit Tower City. Once at the game, Jerm called me and asked where I was-I told him the lower reserve, near the homerun porch. He spotted me, I waved, but still couldn't find him. After about 5 minutes of trying to figure out where he was (they were in the 400 section, way up in the sky over homeplate), I noticed they had signs for each team member and asked him which one he was by. He said, 'Oh, yeah! That's a good idea!' Once I found him, we waved at each other like over-excited children.

Here was my view:
Twins vs. Indians 4/26/09

That's the third base line-I was inches for away from the homerun porch. A great place for foul balls right? I mean, after all, it seams like when I'm on the other side, I see balls fly over here all the time. So did it happen? Did I get the chance to catch a foul? Of course not!!! Go figure, the balls all went flying on the other side that day!!! :p Sharon's husband managed to catch a foul ball...in the loge!!!

It was a great day for a game-maybe just a tad bit warm for April, but a great day. Too bad the Twins forgot their brooms!!! LOL.

I had a good time-even though I would like to see my team in my home town again. Last year for the Dome! (that's a good thing, although I bet come April 2010, they are gonna be wishing they had sprung for the retractable dome.) ;) Hey, Shan, we are SO going to a game when I come visit this summer!!!

Comments