Look, Ma! It can get cold down here!

D.W.Q.M.: Moberly: "Are you OK, dressed like that? You don't seem to notice the cold."
the Fourth Doctor: "I haven't come ten thousand miles to discuss the weather, Mr Moberly."

Woo!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
My friend DJ took this picture yesterday morning at his bus stop. Yup, that's two below!

To me, this
is what winter is supposed to be like. So cold that you have to bundle up so the only thing people can see are the whites of your eyes. Of coure, I didn't get glasses until I was down here in Ohio-so not being able to see since your glasses are fogging up because of your warm breath is being directed back to them due to the scarf wrapped around your face is still quite an adventure for me. ;)

For the past couple of days, people have been asking me if it's cold enough for me yet. Yes, I constantly complain that it's not cold enough to be winter. I mean-to me, winter means cold! Snow! Sledding! Skating! Ice fishing! (well, ok, I've never done that-but my sister took her kids ice fishing last month and said they had a blast.) Oh, and how can I forget? Snowball fights!!

I grew up tripping over car batteries in the morning, because it was so cold my father and grandfather brought them in at night. If we wanted to go somewhere, there was, at least, a 20 minute wait as we waited for the car to warm up. We used to make the most awesome snow forts ever in our front yard. And, living in the land of 10,000 Lakes, there was always a lake nearby that was perfect for ice skating. This past Christmas I went ice skating on the pond behind my sister's house. It was the first time I had gone skating in years. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed gliding along the ice on two blades...

But I digress-I'm supposed to be talking about the cold. LOL. Yes, it is cold enough for me. :-D We've all had great fun joking about it too. Monday morning, MamaRamna asked me how the weather was on my way into work (it was about 3 below at that point) I said it was fine, but I'm not really the person to ask. What is fine for me may be unbearable for others. ;)

My favorite, though-was Jerm's-he's giving me a ride home today-so he wrote:
"Bundle..." (then paused for a moment)
"oh wait, you're from minnesota..."
"feel free to unbundle."

LOL!! :)
bring it on! :-D

Comments