Ro and Shar's LAFF Plan update #1

D.W.Q.M.: "Carrot juice, carrot juice..." -the Sixth Doctor

I've been meaning to post my progress on our
Look and Feel Fantastic Plan that Shar and I started in September, but I just haven't gotten around to it. I find it slightly amusing that the day I decide to update is right after our staff potluck luncheon. I've never felt so stuffed at work in my life! ;)

So far it's working great! I've lost at least 10lbs since I've started-even my doctor congratulated me! :) He told me to keep up the good work, and I'll see him again sometime in March for a follow up to see how my chloresterol is (it's a little high right now.) Thankfully everything else is ok-I was mainly worried about my glucose levels-since diabetes does run in my family-but they are normal-yay!

Shar and I have been trying to get more walks in at work-I think it's awesome that we are both doing this-we give each other moral support when someone brings in baked goods to share, or their leftover Halloween candy. She's also helping me keep track of my points (yes, weight watchers points). Shar's been coming up with mini-goals for the different weeks. One week it was to only use the ladies on the third floor-and we had to take the stairs, couldn't take the elevator. (this also prompted the line, "From now on I'm only going to pee on the third floor!" *hee*) This week it's do at least one minute of crunches everyday-so far I've met my mini goal for the week!

This coming week is going to be a challenge with Thanksgiving and all. But the experts say that you shouldn't try to loose weight during the holidays-rather aim for maintaining your weight. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I do love the holidays, and holiday baking. ;)

It's getting late-tomorrow I'm going to go for a walk-last week I planned a whole new walking route-with different options all in the same area, so I won't get bored. :) The plan is to make daily walks a regular habit!

Comments