It's that time of year again...

D.W.Q.M.: "You've redecorated!" -Sarah Jane Smith

...when my apartment has become a jungle of Christmas boxes, stuffed with decorations, just waiting to be let out!

I think I've already knocked my ankles up at least 20 times...I'll be seeing bruising soon, I'm sure. Yesterday afternoon, my bed was loaded with boxes, and I was relaxing in the living room when I heard my cell phone go off in my bedroom. Making a mad dash, I discovered that the easiest path to my phone was across my bed-so I jumped across it, landing with a soft *thud*, amazed that I hadn't disturbed my boxes much...although a couple had fallen on top of me. *ow!* (the call was from my sister-she wanted to make sure I brought my Favre jersey with me to MN-the Packers are playing the Vikings on the 21st!)

You know, it's really hard to get in the mood to decorate for Christmas when the weather is warm and sunny, the windows are open, and I can hear birds chirping outside. God forbid I ever move to Arizona or someplace else like that-I'd never survive! I love the cold! I love snow! I love going on chilly walks at night, the wind biting my face, and the smell of firewood being burned in fireplaces...I LoVe it! :)

I did manage to start decorating-most of my lights are up (except my bedroom window ones-I need to close the storm windows before I do that). I only had to retire one set of lights this year. My dining room lights-I was actually a little sad-they were the last strand that I bought when I first got my apartment *sniff*-they had some good years! Unfortunately the spare set I had ended up being a little short-doh! But I'll deal. I suspect I may have to replace my hallway lights next year-several bulbs have burned out, and sometimes half the strand goes out-I managed to get them up and working, but their days are numbered. (BTW, 3M hooks are AWESOME!!!!)

Jerm is going to help me with my traditional garland star on my living room ceiling sometime this week. He's also going to help me with my new project-my Mom gave me some pine garland from her old apartment-I'm planning on running it around my living room ceiling-but I need someone who is tall with longer arms (thank you, Jerm! You rock!)

So far things are going smoothly-I bought a Post Office to add to my Christmas Village this year-so I'm excited about that. :) I also have several smaller trees to add to the landscape. It's not going to go up yet-I figured it's safer to wait until the garland is up on the ceiling first. I also have the lights on my Christmas tree, but I haven't pulled out the ornaments yet. My goal is to have it all done by the weekend, so I can put my boxes away instead of tripping over them! LOL.

I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!!

Comments