writer's block and no, we aren't twins...

D.W.Q.M.: "The universe should be big enough for the both of us ... just." -the Second Doctor

Ok, I'm having a serious case of writer's block when it comes to writing about my trip to MN. I've been home for 2 weeks now-everytime I sit down to write something...I just don't know what to write.

The trip up was pretty uneventful (ooh, just wait until I get around to the trip back...) Anyhoo, the ride from Cleveland to Chicago was pretty unpleasant-the guy I was sitting next to had a tendency to cover both seats when he fell asleep (unintentional, I assume)-it was awfully hard to wake him, so I spent most of the ride riding on the edge of the seat. The ride also seemed to be one of the bumpiest ever-did the driver have to hit every, pothole there was? So much for sleeping the first half of the trip...

The second half was much better-I was waiting in line for the next bus with a girl who was heading for St. Paul-we were comparing our trip to Chicago, and when it was time to board the bus (btw, they still are very disorganized there), she got on first and managed to save me a spot next to her-plenty of room for both of us. So I made it to Minneapolis in one piece, and was greeted by Alicat. :)

We are not twins...really, we're not.
People say my sister and I look alike-we can accept that-we think we do...but we don't think we look like twins...maybe we sound like them though...

Case 1: Mellon.
We stopped at our Mom's apartment first-I went in, and Alicat and Jon when over to June's to collect the other kids. Mellon was with my mom-when I knocked, she had Mellon in her arms, who apparently had just woken up from a nap. She saw me, smiled, then reached for me and hugged me-she nuzzled her face in my left shoulder, would look up, smile, then nuzzle her face in my right shoulder, look up, smile, and back to the left. She did this for a time, making my day, but then suddenly wanted Grandma-we think she may have, in her sleepy state, mistaken me for "Mom". *hee* I don't care-I still felt loved. :) She is such a cutie-pie.. yes, I know, I need to put up pictures

Case 2: Shan.
Ok, first a little background...Alicat took off the wrong day, so she had to work the day I came in-originally she was going to have Shan pick me up, but Shan and Lee had a softball game that day. Turns out Alicat switched with someone, but neglected to tell Shan. Shan told me that if noone was there to pick me up, I should call her and they'd work something out. Well, after we left Mom's and were heading to Shafer, Ali told me to call Shan and say, 'Umm...do you know if Alicat was supposed to pick me up?' (Keep in mind, this is now three hours later). I told her I wouldn't do that-so Ali grabbed my phone and called Shan. I could hear Shan in a shocked voice yelling, 'What?!? You mean she didn't come to get you? You've been at the bus station all this time?!!!' I quickly grabbed my phone and told her that it wasn't my idea and that Ali took the phone from me. Meanwhile, Alicat was laughing so hard she was turning red.

Case 3:Teeny-bopper cashiers at Cub Foods.
Ali, Shan, Sum, and I were all planning on playing disc golf that first Sunday I was there. We stopped at the Cub Foods near Mom's to pick up some bottle water and Gatorade. While we were in line, the cashier looked up and asked us if we were twins. Ali and I looked at each other and said, 'Nooo...'. 'Really? You sure do look like it.' she insisted. 'No, we aren't-trust us, we aren't.' She just couldn't believe it-first she asked who was older, then how far apart we were. When we told her she was so dumbfounded that she called over the girl bagging our stuff and informed her that we weren't twins. She couldn't believe it either. I think she even asked us if we were sure we weren't twins.

Believe me, we are sure. ;)

Comments