too...hot...

D.W.Q.M.: Barbara: "Perhaps it's frozen."
the First Doctor: "No, impossible... not in this temperature. Besides, it's too warm."

Ugh. It is entirely too hot. I hate the heat. I could never move out west or down south-I would just be too miserable. Unfortunately, I wouldn't escape the heat if I went up north! Minneapolis is supposed to get up to 102 today-and no one believes me when I say it can get pretty hot and miserable in Minnesota...

I finally broke down and installed my air conditioner yesterday. I know you must think I'm nuts for waiting this long-but actually, I had been doing pretty well up to now. Saturday night was the first night that I couldn't sleep because it was too warm. So, with the heat advisories for this week, plus the fact that I'm fighting off an ear infection(which feels 10x worse when it's hot and muggy) I installed the good 'ol A/C, and my apartment is much more comfortable now. ;)

This past Saturday was the Second Annual Tippit Reunion and Perseph&Foofy's-and we had a great turnout! Although the weather was pretty warm-it was managable-and it didnt' rain. We stayed inside while the food was grilling (special thanks to Chris for taking the heat and grilling for us!) then we ate outside, hung around and played a few games, then eventually went back inside to hang out some more (and play an exciting game of Cranium-go team!) Good times were had by all. I'll have to try to get some pictures up (although you all know my track record-so don't expect it, just be pleasantly surprised if they make it online! LOL) ;) I'd like to get back into scrapbooking, and make a book for this year, and last year's-then have them for people to look at during our 3rd annual reunion! :)

Comments