Doctor Who and other random things...

D.W.Q.M.: Sarah Jane Smith: "Oh, stop being so silly."
the Fourth Doctor: "Remember the French at Agincourt."
Sarah Jane: "But they lost!"

In less than a month Doctor Who arrives on Scifi- Woo-hoo!! :) :) I can hardly wait. :) :)

Also, this June my favorite episode will be coming to dvd-Genesis of the Daleks will be released June 4th (I think) here in the US-the best part is that the two disc set will have the same bonus features as it's UK counterpart, set to be released in April. Yay!!! My Genesis tapes are starting to get a little worn...although I'll have to keep them around for a while, because the Sontarn Experiment is still on the first tape. ;)

Here's a site that is both funny and a bit disturbing: check out
Tom Baker Says (ok, this may be more fun for Doctor Who fans, but others might find it amusing.) ;)

So it was announced yesterday that
RTA will probably be raising their fares this summer, due to fuel costs. Many riders are outraged. RTA points out that there hasn't been a fare hike in 13 years. Well, I wouldn't mind their fare hike if they had good service. The problem is, their service sucks. They've cut back routes, cut their service time-they've even elliminated routes altogether! And this stupid Euclid Corridor project-don't even get me started on that. I laugh everytime I see them talk about ridership increases-the only reason their figures are bigger is because they've taken several routes and split them in two-or cut back on the service of others, so what once took one bus route may now take two or three-and they've eliminated transfers, so there's no way of distinguishing between people who are just transfering onto another bus. grrrr...stupid RTA.

*think more pleasant thoughts* Even though I'm more of a scifi/fantasy reader, I still enjoy a good mystery now and then. What's unusual is that I'm actually considering reading another mystery right after I finish my current book-two mysteries in a row? That's unheard of for me! LOL. Speaking of reading different things, I need to finish the manga series (Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind) that I started awhile ago. I'd like to read more, but I'm still relatively new to Manga-any suggestions out there? :)

Three weekends ago, the weather was terrible, and yet I threw my best game of disc golf at Sims park-not only was it a new course record for me, but it was a new personal record. 23 over par (hey, I never said I was good. LOL). I was using Jerm's Teebird-L. I loved it so much that I got one of my own. I can't wait to try it out!

To cut down on energy costs, the library has installed motion/heat sensors on many of the light fixtures. It's amusing to walk around the library and see the sections where there is little activity...I notice the tech team's area is rather dark again. LOL. ;)

Ahhh, speaking of work, my lunch hour is up-back to an afternoon of cataloging books! I've been on a Beatles kick today-I was listening to the Red Album all morning-so what am I in the mood for this afternoon...? ;)

Comments