New cards in 2006...

D.W.Q.M.: the First Doctor: "You know, I acquired that ulster from Gilbert and Sullivan."
Ian: "Oh, really? I thought it was made for two."

Ahh...I am really enjoying the gift subscription of Non-Sport Update that I got for Christmas/birthday-it's so nice not to have to worry if my local Borders has it yet!!

Lately I've been sticking to just collecting promo cards, with the exception of the hunt for TV Guides last week for the SciFi Friday cards that were inserted in them. (I did managed to find them all. Yay!). This year, however, I may have to put some money aside in my 'save for fun' money jar-there's alot of good stuff coming out!!

Rittenhouse Archives, which is one of my favorite card manufacturers, will have new Stargate and Stargate: Atlantis sets coming out-as well as sets for the new Battlestar Galactica-I read an article about the first season set, and I can't wait to get my hands on them!

Another favorite of mine, Strickly Ink from the UK, will have some interseting sets. Strickly Ink has the license to make cards for all the CSI series-not only will there be new ones of CSI and Miami, but one that will cover the first season of New York as well. Of course, the real reason why Strickly Ink is one of my faves is because of the awesome Doctor Who sets they have released. ;) I was lucky enough to get my hands on a box for both the first and second series they released a few years ago-I managed to get two full sets out of both boxes! This year they are planning a Doctor Who trilogy-according to NSU, the first set will be the Companions in April, followed in May by the Villians with the third set, the Doctors to be released in June. Ooooooh, I can't wait, I can't wait!!

Hmmm...methinks I better reorganize my cards soon-I've been getting a little sloppy lately-I have opened packs, loose cards, and lonely binders waiting to be filled all over my bedroom-better get crackin' if I want to keep collectin'!

Comments