Yay, autumn!

D.W.Q.M.: Ian: "Where's your spirit of adventure, hm?"
the First Doctor: "It died a slow and painful death when those bats came out of the rafters."

I love this time of year. October marks the beginning of my favorite four months of the year. I love the colors of the leaves, the coolness in the air (which is missing at the moment. ;) ), the smell of burning wood, pumpkin spice. Ahhh...

Halloween is coming!! Already I have a ton of ideas that I need to share with
Perseph about decorating her house and yard for Halloween (some of which I have shared with her in a series of brief emails as they pop into my head. LOL) According to her neighbors, Perseph's is the place to be on Halloween. :)

I can't forget my own place, too. I've been really slacking-6 years ago, I would have been ready for Halloween by now. I don't even have my Halloween boxes unpacked yet! I do have my wreath up, and I finished putting in all the window lights. When I was testing my lights, I was very disappointed to discover that a strand I had had for six years refused to work. Since I had to go to Walmart, I decided to try to look for a replacement strand. I wasn't expecting to find any, since the last time I was at Walmart, their Halloween stuff was a mess. I was pleasantly suprised to find not only a replacement strand, but it was cheaper than the original set! Yay! :)

As soon as I get my Halloween village up, I'll post pictures. Shar and I are having lunch on Thursday, and if it's nice enough, I'm hoping we'll have time to walk around campus and take some pictures of the scarecrows that are up. :)

Comments