No, those aren't thugs...

D.W.Q.M.: Captain Mike Yates: "Do you know -- yesterday I saw a fox in Piccadilly?"
Sarah Jane Smith: "And nightingales in Berkeley Square?"

The other night I was talking with my sister on the phone when she noticed Boo had left her bike out by the road again. She decided to go out and bring in up the garage herself. Since she was on her cordless, I went out with her-we were still chatting aimlessly as she walked towards the bike, but then she started to sound distracted, and said, 'hang on a sec', then began to mumble a bit, then all of the suddened, said, 'Uff! I just freaked myself out.' and sounded like she was tripping over something. She regained her composure as the garage door started to close, and then said to me, 'You know, I'm not worried about thugs in this neighborhood. I'm worried about bears.'
Me: "Bears?!"
Al: "Bears."

Apparently not too long ago, a neighbor of hers, who lives just three houses down, decided to throw some corn off their deck one night.

The next morning they discovered a big black bear sleeping under their deck!
Whoa...

She also said that there have been cougars spotted in Taylor Falls. That's only seven miles away-and there are plenty of fields and forests for these fellas to hang out in. Al says she loves to step outside at night and listen to the wolves howl, but the bears and cougars spook her just a little bit. No wonder the dog kennels are completely fenced in, top to bottom. My sister never leaves Brutis outside at night for long.
..and my friends are worried about skunks...

Here I thought the fox in the cemetary near me was big news! When I go up there for Christmas, those won't be bunny tracks I'm looking for...

Comments