Sports, sports, and more sports.

D.W.Q.M.: "You know, I am so constantly outwitting the opposition, I tend to forget the delight and satisfaction of the arts... the gentle art of fisticuffs." -the First Doctor

Football is starting this weekend (regular season)- Yay!!!! Go Packers!!!

The Doctor: "Abernathy, where the heck did he come from?"
Romana (nonchalantly): "The Twins' dugout."
The Doctor *shaking his head*: "Sheesh."

Ahh, a victory-a small victory, but a victory nonetheless. ;)

The Indians beat the Twins, 7-5. Boo!!!
Hey, I got the Wendy's trivia question during the 7th inning: Which were the only 2 Twins to hit a grand slam during the World Series?
A: Dan Gladden and Kent Hrbek-both from the 1987 World Series. ahh, what a great year. ;) LOL :-D

Hockey starts next month! Yay! Go, Wild!!!

Today Adam, Jerm, Jerm's dad, Mr. D and I tried out a different disc golf course-Rosco Park in Medina. It was fun, but took longer than Sims. That's ok-I can use the exercise! Next time I'm going to make sure I have a big bottle of Gatorade, though. ;) Jerm's been helping me improve my distance drives. I can't throw them as far as Jerm or Adam, but I have been improving-I'm starting to gain control over the disc-they are flying straighter and going farther than they used to! :) Now instead of taking 3 or 4 throws to Jerm and Adam's one, it only takes 2. :) Yay! Well, once I've warmed up...usually by the 8th or 9th hole. LOL. ;)

Rosco is pretty cool-they have two tees-the professional one, and one a little bit farther up. Mr. D and I jokingly called them the "girl" tees. Even though we haven't been playing as long as the others, we insisted on starting where they did. I wanted the challenge. :) The holes there are more difficult than the ones at Sims-more trees and other hazards-there's also a greater chance of losing a disc-poor Adam lost one today! Flew right into a particularly dense bunch of bushes. Mr. D found his first disc-it was bright orange and right on the edge of the fairway-hard to believe someone lost it! 15 was an interesting hole-the tee was at the top of the hill, and there were many trees and tall bushes-some with pricklers. *ow!* At first I didn't want to do this one-so I ran to the bottom of the hill to track the guys' discs as they threw them down. After they were done, I decided to give it a try. It wasn't so bad, and I'm glad I did try it.

We definitely have to try that course again. :)

Comments