2 trumpets, 3 clarinets, and a partridge in a pear tree...

D.W.Q.M.: the First Doctor: "You know, I acquired that ulster from Gilbert and Sullivan."
Ian: "Oh, really? I thought it was made for two."

Hey! I'm back online. :) I can do everything except send mail from my dreamingheart address-but hopefully I'll have that remedied soon. (I can check it though-thank goodness!) :)

Hopefully I'll get around to talking about my trip to MN soon. Mellon now has her first tooth and can crawl! (Unfortunately both of these events happened after I left) She was backing up while I was there! She hadn't quite figured out how to move forward, but she was pretty close.

Tonight was our first night at the Mt. Carmel gig. My friend Mike and his friend Andy came up from Dayton to play. :) Unfortunately it was raining, and apparently the new priest there hired another band for the evening, so we only did the walk around the neighborhood and then left. Apparently the guys who take us to our stops didn't know we wouldn't be playing tonight either. Oh, well. We were still appreciated when we played, so it's all good. We will be doing both the procession and the evening sit down tomorrow though. There weren't many there this evening, so it's a good thing we didn't do a sit down. While they were counting the number of each instrument we had, it almost sounding like they were singing the beginning of 'the Twelve Days of Christmas'. ;)

This job always seems hard-even harder than the 4 nights during the Feast in August! (Well, at times anyway) It's always so hot and muggy, and we have to deal with rain almost every year (except during the procession-go figure!) I think this procession tomorrow is harder, simply due to the fact that there is very little relief in the way of shade-only one street that's lined with trees. Thank God for the families who make water stops for us-we don't know what we'd do with out you! :) :) We heard a rumor that they are making some changes to the procession tomorrow-possibly longer? Yikes! Ooh, I sound like I'm complaining. Although it sounds miserable (weather-wise) I still have fun doing it-it's also fun to hear stories of the band from members who have been here awhile. What's scary is that some of these stories I remember because I was there! ;) Hmm...let's see-this is my 8th year playing with the band-WOW! :) I'm still having fun!

BTW, I picked up my copy of the new Harry Potter book, but I haven't begun to read it yet. I want to finish the book I'm currently reading first, and I have to decide if I should start on the book I got from the library, or just hope I can renew it a couple more times. ;)

Comments