Hi, I'm back!!

Hey, everyone!!!

I'm back from Minnesota!! I had a great time!! Not as much snow as I would have liked, but it certainly was cold! ;)

Some of you probably already know this from reading Perseph's blog (thank you Perseph!) I have a new little niece!!! Malinda came into the world on December 17th, at 7lbs, 5oz, and 21 inches. You'll notice a slight spelling difference in the name-when I called Perseph after visiting my sister in the hospital, I thought her name was spelled 'Melinda'-I didn't find out until several days later that it's really 'Malinda'. Silly sister-she knows if it's an unusual spelling, that she needs to tell me-I made the same mistake with the spelling of Boo's middle name almost 5 years ago! LOL ;)

Malinda is so adorable!!!! (no, I'm not just saying that 'cause I'm her Auntie. ;) ) well, ok, maybe I am a bit biased, but aren't we all? I got to hold her when she was just an hour old. That makes her the youngest baby I have ever held in my life. She was so tiny!!!! Of course, we were all 'oohhhing' and 'ahhing' at all her little baby noises-at one point, while I was holding her, she got the hiccups. I started to giggle uncontrolably, 'cause it sounded like she was saying 'D'oh!' in a high pictched voice. My sister looked at me with wide eyes and said, 'BREATHE!' Everyone wanted to hold her-my sister had warned me that I would have to probalby arm wrestle with our mom and Shanna-when Boo was born, the two of them kept arguing who got to hold her! I overruled both of them this time, because I won't see her again until she's almost 7 months old, probably.

When we first arrived in her room, Boo, my Mom, and the kids' aunt Michelle and cousin Malinda (yes, the baby's first name came from her cousin-she doesn't have an original name to her-she was named after two cousins and an auntie! Guess which auntie? ;) ) Anyhoo, when Shanna and I walked in, Boo was jumping up and down and saying, 'Come and see our baby! come and see our baby!' She was so cute-and looked so precious holding her new baby sister.

So far, Malinda has a head full of dark hair, like her sister Boo. Also like Boo, she has grandma's fingers (long and thin) and mommy's toes (long, thin, with a pinkie toe that can stretch way out into the beyond. lol) Shanna says when she scrunches up her face, she looks like big brother Kyle (btw, when Kyle was holding her, we told him to smile for a picture-he srunched up his face, proving Shanna's point.) :-D

In case you are wondering-I did finish my baby blanket!!! Finished it that morning while I was at Shanna's. ;) My sister loves the blanket! When I showed it to her, her eyes grew wide and she said, 'WOW, that is beautiful!' She has it draped over the baby's basinet. :) The baby looks so cute!!! (have i mentioned that Malinda is cute?) ;)

Gotta get back to work-hopefully I'll get the chance to write more about my trip to MN later-just wanted to let you know about the big event! :) :) Malinda's nick name for this blog will be 3M. *heeheee* (I mentioned she was cute, right?) :)

Comments