ahh, the holiday season...

D.W.Q.M.: "Sleep is for tortoises!" -the Fourth Doctor

Hello everyone! Okay, I know I've been bad about posting-I was hoping to post a little more this week, but time just seemed to slip away-I didn't even do a lunchtime post, 'cause yesterday, after a coworker and I were showing our knitting projects to a few others, a group of us decided to skip lunch and head to JoAnne's to shop for knitting supplies. ;) (I didn't get any 'cause I'm in the middle of a project-I need to finish this baby blanket! I don't need new yarn or needles to distract me from it. LOL.)

Speaking of babies, my sister is having...another girl! :) Her nickname here will either be M&M or 3M, depending on the final decision of her name. ;) (loooong story). I'll be in Minnesota for her birth, so I'm really excited!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend! Mine was good-cooked enough food to have leftovers all weekend. My sister called me that evening, and all the kiddies shouted 'Happy Thanksgiving!' from the dinner table-it was cute. :) The next morning I got up early and headed to the stores (Sears) to do a little Christmas shopping. Turns out I missed one of my coworkers by 15 minutes! LOL. They had sales on a number of things I needed (like shoes) and Christmas stuff-presents for the kiddies, and Lemax houses. (50 percent off, plus an extra 10 since it was before 11am.) The best I could have done at Micheals (my usual village sourse) was 40 percent off. The original prices were the same at both stores, so it was all good. I finished shopping for Boo, the new baby, and half of my mom's present. I have a few ideas for Kyle, but I need to talk to my sister first, to make sure I'm on the right track. I have no idea what to get T, though-she's a recent tomboy, and I'm not sure what to get her. (last year, Barbies good, this year, Barbies bad.)

Perhaps some of you are wondering how I got the picture of Krismutt in Brett's jersey on Monday, since I don't have a digital camera...well, I do now! A small one, though-it has a flash, but you can't view your pics right away, and the range isn't all that great. Considering I just want to use it for web stuff (like Krismutt pics) it'll do fine (although I wish I had brought my SLR to the lighting ceremony on Saturday-no one told me Dan Akroyd was gonna be there! My little digital doesn't do well for action shots.) I just have to learn to hold still-it's very sensitive to movement, and I've been spoiled by 400 and 800 film, and the kick-ass digital cameras that my friends let me borrow. ;) Here's one of the first pics I took with my camera-I'm calling it 'Krismutt's version of pumpkin pie.'



Well, I better run, gotta lot to do. I'll do a December Night Sky post soon, I hope-I seemed to have misplaced my December copy of Sky and Telescope. Aggghhh! ;)

Comments