Relay and Obi-Wan....

Howdy folks! I am writing this post from my "new" (as in, refurbished), computer, Obi-Wan! Yes, after many years, I finally got a new computer. Yoda has been good to me-he has lasted much longer than any normal computer would (in fact, he still is running, and can even get on the net, as I still am currently using dial up). He was my first computer when I started college-and although he has had a 'few' upgrades, he essentially remained the same in spirit. ;) There have been a few hiccups, and I am sure there will be many more. But it was time-Yoda could only handle Win98, and I really needed a computer that, at the very least, could handle XP. Even though Windows 7 is now the newest, greatest thing, I currently have XP running on this computer. Now I just need to find something faster than dial up. Rather than just getting high speed internet, I'm considering bundling some services, of which would mean I have to switch to digital phone, and switch my cable. (that would also entail either watching all of the 90% that I have stored in the dvr, or transferring it to tape or dvd.) So we'll see!

Next, really starts tomorrow (today? it is after midnight after all). Unfortunately, the weather is not looking good, so they may have to move to the rain site. I'm going to try to stay the whole time, but we'll see. Not being a driver, I might only stay until my team leaves, unless I can handle staying by myself the entire night. (not that it would be a super hard thing-but sometimes it's just nice to have your team around so you can give each other encouragement to keep going :)). It will also depend on how they set up the rain site. In any case, I will post updates through my Twitter account (see the sidebar) while I'm there. :)

Tomorrow we are having a fundraising bake sale (an internal one-staff only) during lunch. Last time I checked, we were only $25 away from our team goal of $1000. We've already surpassed our fundrasing from the last two years. I myself have raised more money this year than in previous years-I even reached my goal before the end of March (Thank you everyone-you are AWESOME!!!) :)

I'm really looking forward to Relay-here's hoping the weather predicitions will improve before tomorrow night!!! :)

Comments