Lots and Lots of Walking...and Other Projects

Well then, I’m quite behind in my walk reporting...

February was quite the snowy month. In fact, I was able to walk more in January.
February breakdown:
02/01-02/05: 1.5 miles
02/06-02/12: 3 miles
02/13-02/19: 15.1 miles
02/20-02-26: 12 miles
Total: 31.6 miles

Actually, if it wasn’t for the fact that I was checking in on my friends’ cats, I might not have even walked that much! So much snow... (not that I’m complaining about snow in February. LOL) The 25th was an interesting day-I was watching the school closings to see if the Cleveland Hts/University Hts school district would be closed (the bus tends to be early when there are no kids), and I never saw Case in the listings. While on the bus, I decided to check Facebook, just for kicks-when I found out that the University had closed!!! Got into the library, turned right around and went home (special thanks to Robin-she gave me a lift so I wouldn’t have to wait for a bus. She is an excellent snow driver!) Snow days are much more enjoyable when you don’t have to go to work first. LOL. I did get a little exercise shoveling the driveway that afternoon. ;) (I still need to find exercises to do in the winter...in addition to shoveling snow.)

March was much better, walk wise:
03/01-03/05: 12.6 miles
03/06-03/12: 17 miles
03/13-03/19: 27 miles
03/20-03/26: 24 miles
03/27-03/31: 20 miles
Total: 100.6 miles

I’m getting closer to my normal monthly total. April is off to a slow start (thanks to some wild weather), but I think I will make up for it. Tomorrow Perseph and I are doing the March for Marfan, and next weekend is Relay for Life!! This year I met my fundraisng goal before the beginning of April-yay!!! (Thank you for all your contributions!) I’m working on knitting up headbands for our team like I did last year. :)

Marcon is coming in May-I’m hoping to make a petticoat for my Steampunk costume in time. I found a really nice pattern I’d like to try. I’m also planning on making a draw-string handbag for my costume. It turns out that there will be enough scrap material leftover from my petticoat to make one! I’m hoping to dig out my sewing machine on Holy Saturday and give at least the handbag a try. We’ll see!!! I also recently purchased some modeling clay for Steampunkery type accessories... ;)

In addition to the walks and Marcon, I also have to start thinking about what I’m going to grow on my back porch this year. :) Marigolds are always awesome, and I did really well with the Dusty Miller last year. Petunias have always done well for me too. The mini-sunflowers were really nice, as well as the seed geranium (best 69 cents I have ever spent on an outdoor plant) I’m hoping my lillies will pop up again, too. I have another hanging basket and window box, which I would like to grow something new in. Haven’t decided if I’m going to try to tackle vegetables in pots again this year. Maybe I’ll try with a different type of tomato plant than I had last year...

Speaking of plants, my cyclamens are about to enter their dormant cycle-the last bloom has faded, but most of the leaves are still green. Cyclamens are new to my indoor plant family-I will have to post a picture that I took when they were in full bloom. On a brighter note, my African Violets are blooming again!!! I’m so excited! If I can get the cyclamens to come back next year, it’ll be perfect because I will have at least one flowering houseplant throughout the year! ;)

Comments