some book reviews

Here are a couple of book reviews I did fairly recently on goodreads:

We're Gonna Win, Twins!We're Gonna Win, Twins! by Doug Grow

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I really enjoyed this book-it was great to learn more about the history of my home team, and to relieve the childhood memories of our first World Series win. Doug Grow did a excellent job-while reading about the first World Series win in 1987, I actually got shivers down my spin and couldn't help but feel excited all over again. And I have to admit, re-reading about the death of Twins announcer Herb Carneal the day before Opening Day back in 2007 brought tears to my eyes. I actually found a copy of this book in the Cleveland Public Library, but I will definitely have to add this to my personal collection at home!



View all my reviews

The Cain Saga, Volume 1: JulietThe Cain Saga, Volume 1: Juliet by Kaori Yuki

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I started reading Kaori Yuki's Godchild series first, and decided before I finished it off (I still need to read volume 8) I would give her prequel a try. Not too bad-the 2 extra shorts that were in this volume(that seem to have nothing to do with the Cain story) were a little distracting but not too bad. I will be reading the next volume of the series. :)



View all my reviews

Comments