Flying into (outof?) Spring!

Whoa! It's the end of May! I haven't had much time to post since I switched my blog, and so much has gone on!

I still need to write up the rest of the events at Relay-I also need to get on the ball and post some pictures! (I haven't even uploaded any to flickr or facebook yet.)

Summer is just around the corner! My summer lights are up! Also, I've planted new flowers! I have more this year-I added another hanging basket-filled with purple petunias, dusty miller, and some English ivy. In my original hanging basket, I planted the extra petunias (the extra dusty miller went into a regular pot on the table on my porch) This year I decided to have marigolds in the flower box (last year I had marigolds and white petunias). I have yellow, orange and French (orange and red) marigolds. I also purchased a geranium, to add a touch of pink to my porch.

Speaking of pink, my Asian lillies have come back! Last year I just cut down the old plant and left it on my porch. Earlier this spring, I noticed several new shoots starting to pop up! I repotted the plant, and now some of them have buds!! They will probably be a little smaller than the ones I had last year, but that's okay by me! :)

This year I decided to start some seeds. I had some leftover miniature sunflower seeds that I planted, along with some cucumber seeds that I purchased a couple weeks ago. I also wanted to try to start the pumpkin seeds I had dried from my pumpkin last October. I started them using potting mix and egg cartons (the papery-pulp kind, not the styrofoam kind). Since I've never had that much luck with seeds, I didn't expect them to sprout-but they did!!! Even the pumpkin seeds!!! I have seedlings now!!! Unfortunately, I don't have enough room to plant them all. :( Fortunately, I know some people who are willing to 'adopt' my little plants, once they've matured enough to be replanted. Even the pumpkins! :) I've been taking pictures documenting all of my container gardening exploits-maybe someday I'll remember to post them along with the pictures for Relay. I still haven't given up on my quest to grow a tomato plant. Even though it is getting a little late, I may try to see if the garden center up the street from me still have some plants.

Marcon is this weekend! I'm working the video room again. I volunteered to take the Friday night/Saturday morning shift again-time to stock up on caffeine!! ;) I'm not sure if I'll be going in costume this year. I will still bring my Doctor Who scarf, and Krismutt's K-9 costume. ;)

Have a fun and safe weekend everybody!!!

Comments