Leave it to me...

...to leave things to the last minute.

Yup, I'm still publishing with my ftp server. The deadline is Saturday-yikes!

I've actually been thinking about this for several weeks-how do I get Blogger to do what I want? I would like to keep this blog at my dreamingheart address, but Blogger doesn't support my current set up (publishing to a file). Each blog has to have it's own unique address (like blog.mydomain.com, instead of mydomain.com/blog) There is also an issue with naked domains, but I'm not as clear about that...

In any case, if I want to keep my dreamingheart address, I can't do it on my own-I'll need some help from my hostess. She is quite busy at the moment-being a new mommy and all. ;) I would rather wait until we both have enough time to work on this. :)

That leaves me to my next dilemma-what do I do in the meantime? Move temporarily to blogspot? Leave this be for now, and just post to my liveJournal account? (Right now it's boringly called Romana1's Journal, I've been thinking about calling it 'Somewhere between N- and E-Space.' ;) )

After debating it for a while, I have decided I'm going to temporarily return to blogspot, rather than let this site go dormant. Once we get the custom domain figured out, I should be able to switch back. I'm planning on migrating sometime either tonight or tomorrow (when all the last minute folks will be doing it-god help me!). I think the idea is that even if you still click to this site, Blogger should direct you to my new blogspot address. If you don't see any new posts by Tuesday, May 4th, head on over to my main page http://romana.dreamingheart.net. I am planning on using that to update on my progress, or rather, report any snafus that may occur. If I have to hangout somewhere else in blogland, I'll point you in the right direction there.

After all this is over, I plan on writing a couple more posts about Relay. :)

See you on the flip side!!

Comments