Reeds!

D.W.Q.M.: The Second Doctor: "If only I could find my recorder, I could play you a little something to pass the time."

The Brigadier: "We should be thankful for small mercies." (from the Third Doctor story, the Three Doctors

Ha-ha! For once, I actually bought reeds before the Italian Band season started!! I didn't forget until the day before and say, 'Aww, crap! I forgot again!' Well, unless you count Good Friday, then, nevermind...

We had a procession at Holy Redeemer for St. Anthony's Feast yesterday. We were a small band (not unusual for procession), but we were pretty well-rounded. We had Nick, our fearless leader, plus 3 clarinets, 2 trumpets, 2 saxs, a euphonium, 2 precussionists and a sousaphone. Mike even drove up from Dayton to join us.

When Mike and I were walking towards the church, I noticed the big tree we usually sit under while waiting for the precession, and stand under for the blessings afterwards, was gone. I couldn't believe it! For a second there, it almost seemed like we were in the wrong place. When I saw Buffy and Rich, I said, 'what happened to the tree? The tree's gone!!!'

It was quite sunny and warm, but there was an awesome breeze, which helped. If it hadn't been for that breeze...man, I don't even want to think about it! They also chopped off a few blocks, and were given breaks between numbers-we didn't even get throguh the whole book! Also, the fireworks were realitively short as well-didn't last more than 5 minutes. When we walked past the guy who usually does them, I overheard him say he was too lazy to do his usual spread. (Usually he has several boxes, plus an incredibly huge/long snake that he sets off).

All in all, not a bad afternoon-even though I did get sunburned (ow!) The next gig for me will be Mt. Carmel, since I'll be in Minnesota for the 4th of July.

Not to get all fan girly on ya-but how 'bout that episode of Battlestar Galactica last Friday?! Best last 5 minutes of BSG EVER! :)

Also! Today marks the 5th year I've had this blog! Woo!

Comments