*yawn* am I unpacked yet?

D.W.Q.M: "You mean, you live here?" -Barbara Wright (from the First Doctor story, An Unearthly Child)

2 weeks I've been here, 2 weeks! And I'm not even settled yet. ;) I've only made one trip out to storage. Only managed to find 3 of my 7 Halloween boxes. :( I gotta put something up-it just doesn't seem like October! (well, except for the playoffs. LOL)

Things are coming along-slowly, but coming along. Right now, the best, most put together room in the house is the kitchen. The dining room could use a little work, the bathroom's not too bad. And,with help from my friend Mike, at least the livingroom is more oraganized. (He came up for our Peruvian gig the first weekend of October) While he was here, he helped move some furniture around, so now the livingroom looks more homey. Up until then, the furniture was everywhere-two of my tall bookcases blocked the windows, my couch was at an odd angle in the middle of the room...you get the idea. My bedroom is the worst, I think. My space is smaller, and I'm going to have to put some of my shelves in another room-won't fit in the new one. *sigh*

The first weekend I was here, I discovered neither the washer nor the dryer worked-I also discovered that half the machines in the laundromat around the corner don't work. Blah-will have to come up with a better solution. Rentway, here I come! NEVER Rent-A-Center. I had some trouble with them (thanks, in part, to the carlessness of my old landlords) and I didn't even rent anything from them!!

I LOVE my front porch!!! When Mike came up, we spent about an hour late Saturday night sitting outside, listening to the people come home from the bars. LOL. I love going outside to talk on the phone. Just wait until I string some lights up!

As long as I can dodge morning traffic, the bus stop is much closer. ;)

Better go-I caught a cold last week (blah!) and I'm still trying to get over it-(part of the reason why I feel I'm so far behind with getting settled-I was soooo tired last week!)

Comments