"Look! A trumpet!!"

D.W.Q.M.: the Second Doctor: "If only I could find my recorder, I could play you a little something to pass the time."
the Brigadier: "We should be thankful for small mercies."

Today marks my 10th summer with the Italian Band of Cleveland!! It's hard to believe that I've been playing with them for 10 years.

Today we were at Holy Redeemer in Colinwood for the Feast of St. Anthony. Usually the turnout for the first procession of the season (after Good Friday) is pretty low, and today was no exception. 2 clarinets, a piccalo, 2 baritones, 2 saxes, a bass drum, cymbals, a tuba, two trumpets, and our fearless leader, Nick. Small band, but enough to survive on. ;) For a while it looked like we were only going to have one trumpet, then I spotted one walking down the street and shouted, 'Look! A trumpet!!' I think I got caught on video-someone had a small camcorder and was taping the commotion just before the procession. LOL.

The weather was pretty good, and not only did we start relatively on time (an uncommon occurrence in recent years), but the shortened the procession as well.

Common occurrences for today's procession:
"Everybody get in tune, please!"
"Have we ever been in tune?"

Cute little kids in costume: Little angels (the girls) and little St. Anthonys (the boys)

Lolly the Trolley, fireworks, sunburn, and even though PeeWee(the king of wisecracks/bad jokes) no longer plays with us, there's plenty of people to take his place (or at least attempt to..)
Nick: "Why was 6 so afraid of 7? Because 7 ate 9."
Kevin: "Ha! My five-year old nephew knows that one."

Nick: "...or did I tell ya about the family of tomatoes walking down the street?"
(he proceeds to tell the joke, and I snort right in the middle of it.)
Kevin: "She already knows the punchline!"

LOL. I love Italian band.

Comments