back from Minnesota

D.W.Q.M.: "First things first, but not necessarily in that order." -the Fourth Doctor.

I'm back from the land of cold and snow...although towards the end of my trip, it became warm with no snow-almost. ;)

Despite a few things, I had a great time. The kiddies are soooo cute! I meant to try to log on while I was away, but I just didn't have the time. Here are a few notes I made in my journal-hopefully I'll get around to talking about my trip more, but you know me. ;) I do plan to post pics, though...eventually. LOL

Trip Notes:
1. Getting sick at the beginning of your trip really sucks big time. The jury is still out on whether I brought it to them, or they gave it to me (they are leaning towards giving it to me), but at one point, my mom said my sister's place sounded like the TB ward at the hospital. Stupid colds!

2. I have witnessed a scene with the family dog and a stuffed gorilla that has scarred me for life and basically turned me off of ever wanting to be a dog owner. *shudder*

3. Basset hounds have short, stubby legs, but they can run like the wind!

4. Putting antibiotic eye drops into a five-year-old's eye is not fun. Poor Boo, she got pink eye while I was there, and we had to put drops in her eyes. I felt so bad!! Thankfully she's better now.

5. Even seasoned Minnesotans can get lost at the Mall of America. "Put your hands down-we look like tourists!" Al, to me and Shan.

6. It's hard, but not impossible, to find a Chad Johnson jersey in the state of Minnesota.

7. When 4 or 5 transformers explode out in the rural areas, it's a really cool spectacle to witness while driving down a dark road, but not so cool for those stuck at home when the lights can't decide if they are going to go out or stay on. Some transformers exploded in the Linstrom area, causing the lights at my sister's to go out for a second, come back on, then go out, etc. Eventually they settled down, but my mom, Al and I had to settle the kids down, who were pretty freaked out. Jon came home and as the kids began to tell them what happened, he said, 'I know! I saw it as I was driving home!'

8. Sum-Sum has informed us that she wishes to be called Sum from now on. ;)

9. Getting a makeup set for a five-year-old makes you both an evil sister and the coolest auntie ever. :-D

10. Maddy makes a very cute Auton. After showing the first episode of Doctor Who with the Ninth Doctor to Shan and Maddy, Maddy stood up and announced, "Mommy, I want to be like those people on the movie!" Then proceeded to do the perfect immmatation of an Auton. Her mouth was in the shape of an 'O', and she held out her arms and moved them like a tin soldier. Shan and I nearly fell off of the couch-she was so cute!!

11. Mellon is the cutest baby EVER! well, DUH! ;) She can also walk/toddle now. :)

12. Unusually warm temps=thin ice=3 pickup trucks + 1 ice house under water. It also leaves some very restless/irate children who just got snow toys for Christmas! Children and adults!!

13. When the oldest son of one of your oldest friends is almost as tall as you, you really start to feel your age. CJ asked me 'how old are you?' and I answered 'Younger than your mother.' After glancing at Angel, I quickly added, 'Well, not that much younger.' LOL.

Well, that's all for now. I'm sure I've forgotten something...guess that comes with age. LOL. ;)

Comments