Doctor Who news

D.W.Q.M.:Susan: "When will we get back, Grandfather?"
the First Doctor: "I don't know, my dear. This old ship of mine seems to be an
aimless thing. However, we don't worry about it, do we? Do you?"
Susan: "Sometimes I feel like I want to belong somewhere, and not just be
a wanderer. Still, I'm not unhappy."

I am so sorry for the lack of posts. As I said before, I've been pretty busy lately, so I haven't had the time to post-but I decided to take a little time a lunch and post.

You see references everywhere on my blog, so I decided I should start mentioning a bit more about Doctor Who, especially since the new series is scheduled to air on the BBC sometime in March. (Woo-hoo!!!!)

All of my info from this post I read at Outpost Gallifrey, which is, in my opionion, one of the best Doctor Who websites out there. :)

They have a very interesting FAQ that's worth checking out. Something I found interesting-the projected start date of Doctor Who is March 26th. Keep in mind though, that this date hasn't been set in stone. And, if you're in the States like me, we probably will be waiting a bit longer anyway. (hey, if it's worth the wait, though...) ;)

Speaking of 'when and where will it be showing in America?' That is still unknown. I have read that PBS stations currently airing the 'classic' episodes are beginning to loose the rights to air them (like Cincinatti in particular). Probably because the rights to the classic series are tied into the rights of the new series, and they want to sell the new series to American markets. So far, Britian, Canada and New Zealand are set to air the new series. (Keeping fingers crossed)

Doctor Who fans who are also Stargate fans: Anna Louise Plowman will be in an episode of Doctor Who. :) (for those who don't recognize the name, Anna was Sarah, a friend/old flame of Dr. Jackson's who was possessed by the Go'auld Osiris)

RUMORS Okay, this is only a rumor, but it totally made my day yesterday, so I'm gonna say something: Rumors have been floating around that NBC/Universal, the owners of SciFi and USA, have been working out a deal to air the new series, first-run on Scifi, then syndicated on USA. Keep in mind, there is still No Offical Word. But like I said, it made my day just to read about it. :) If the rumors do indeed have any truth to them, I have mixed feelings about it potentially being aired on SciFi. I mean, look how many good science fiction programs were left to die on SciFi. (to check out the blurb I read, click here. Unfortunately there is no permalink to the article, so you'll have to scroll down to 'February 14th-rumors of us transmission'.

Wish I could be in Los Angeles this weekend- for Gallifrey 2005! With the U.N.I.T. years reunion. :)

That's all I got for now...

Comments