Trick or Treats 2004

D.W.Q.M.: Ian: "Where's your spirit of adventure, hm?"
the First Doctor: "It died a slow and painful death when those bats came out of the rafters."

I hope everyone had a great Halloween! I went over to P^2
to help out with Trick-or-Treats, and we had a blast!!

I went over early to help decorate-we had pumpkins-Perseph made 'pumpkin pi', and I made one to resemble Scorpius (although both of my pumpkins were attacked by evil squirrels-bad squirrels!) I still put them out anyway. ;) I also decided to make scarecrows this year-I used some old clothes, and Perseph's smiley faced basketball and volleyball. I had printed out a couple of masks-one of Marilyn Monroe and one of Bill Gates as Frankenstein, and taped them onto the balls. Adam and Jerm spread cobwebs all over the bushes in the front, and I made a makeshift graveyard in the ivy in the front yard. The place looked pretty cool! Hopefully our pics turned out. ;) We finished decorating in time to get our costumes together. :)

This year, I still had the Medieval garb that I borrowed for Marcon-Perseph lent me a silk shirt to go with it, and trusted me with her tiara, too. ;) I had my witches wig, and put enough makeup on to make it look like I had arised from the dead. I lent Perseph my witches hat and cape, and Paul dressed up as a mad scientist (he reminded us of Steve from Aqua Teen Hunger Force, so we ended up calling him Steve the rest of the night.) Jerm switched between a Frankenstein and a devil's mask throught the night-mostly the Frankenstein one, so he was dubbed, 'Frank'. The first kiddies to arrive were little ones, and I inadvertently scared them off-so I told Jerm he had to give the first kids the candy. Since it was nice outside, we all eventually went outside and sat on the step and danced around the yard. (ok, ok, ok-I danced around the yard-the others watched and laughed. Hey, we were playing music-someone had to dance!;) ) I also walked around the yard slowly-ended up startling a couple of the older kids-in my opinion, that's a pretty big accomplishment! ;) The best, though-was when Jerm was just inside the door-he waited until a group of kids got their candy, and chose that moment to moan like Frankenstien-the kids screamed and ran away! At one point, I was sitting by myself when a group of kids came up-one of the girls said, 'Are you the Bride of Frankenstein?' I doubt Jerm heard that, but he chose that moment to walk up to the screen door with his mask...the next thing I heard was, 'See?! I told you!!!' LOL. Poor Jerm.

We had a ton of kids-Perseph and I had 5 bags of candy-Jerm contributed 3 more, and we still had to send Adam out to buy 3 more bags! We held out until 8, but just barely. We tried limiting it to one piece per kid, but it's not always possible. (at one point, one kid held out his bag to me three times-since there were so many kids at the time, I didn't have the heart to call him on it.) We were one of the few houses (actually, we may have been the only one) that kept the light on until 8. There were alot of cool costumes out there! My personal favorite was the McDonalds Fries-we had two of those! They looked so cute! One little girl across the street was in a cute little cow outfit-she was jumping around in the leaves...awwww...then there was the little lady bug....awww....(I better stop now.) ;)

Since it was so nice out, we weren't the only ones sitting outside, which I thought was cool. When I was the Trick-or-treatin' age, I remember some of my favorite houses to visit were ones where the people were out in the yard or sitting on the porch. Everytime someone commented on how cool the house looked, it reminded me of that. I'm glad we could pass on the fun we had on Halloween when we were kids!! :) I love this time of year.

BTW, Jerm only managed to scare me once this year-HA! :p ;)

Blanket update: 18/36 inches (I haven't had much time to work on it the last couple of weeks..)

Comments