Free Comic Book Day!!!! (and other fun stuff!)

Yes, I am still around! ;)

Tomorrow is Free Comic Book Day!!! To see if there is a participating store near you, check out their store locator .

In addition to grabbing some free comics, I'm also on the hunt for a few older ones.  I recently started reading the Farscape comics-set at the end of The PeaceKeeper Wars, these comics follow the story line of the cancelled season 5, and are considered canon by the Jim Henson Company!  There were 24 issues over a 2 year run, and the first 16 were compiled into 7 paperback volumes.  Unfortunately it doesn't appear that the last 8 were ever made into single volumes-so I am on a search for issues 17-24. (I own the first volume containing the first 4 issues, and the library has the next 6 ). I'm really enjoying the comics-they remain true to the tv show, and are written by Rockne S. O'Bannon.  :)

I'm also on the hunt for some trading card supplies-I need more 4-card protector sheets for my promo cards! :)  I also purchased my first base set in quite a long while-I'm not sure I have enough 9-card page protectors! 

In other news-I'm finally returning to Marcon after a 2 year hiatus! I'm so exicted!!!  When Marcon moved to Easter weekend, I was really bummed because I couldn't attend.  They recently moved it back to May (Mother's Day weekend), which is a lot more doable than Easter! (I can call my mom from anywhere!) :)

Last but not least-the Wild push past the Avalanche to make it to the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs!!!!  Tonight they are playing the Chicago Blackhawks.   GO WILD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments