Busy Bee!

Happy June!  As usual, I've been pretty busy!!  But I want to try to make more of an effort to post here-as I've neglected this blog (well, all my blogs) quite a bit. Here are a couple of updates in my life.

I've played around with the telephoto lens that belonged to my dad-I've been taking pictures of the moon throughout it's current cycle.  I need to learn to focus it a bit better, but it's still pretty cool.   Too bad it's been cloudy the past two nights... 


Speaking of astronomical events-the transit of Venus is this Tuesday! At first, I wasn't as excited as I should be-after all, it's not going to occur again for over 100 years.  However, I didn't have any eclipse glasses or arc welder's glass, so I wouldn't be able to see it with my own eyes.  Then I went to storage and brought home a box of some of my dad's camera equipment.  As I was going through the box, I discovered a piece of no. 14 arc welder's glass!!!  Not only that, but it was made into a filter that fits over the telephoto lens!!  (Remember, if you want to watch the transit through binoculars, telescope, or in my case-a camera with a telephoto lens, the filter needs to be on the end that is closest to the sun, see Safely View the Upcoming Transit ).  Although he designed it to watch solar eclipses, I think it's quite the coincidence that I found the filter just over a week before the transit!  I'm sure he would have used it for the transit! I'm hoping the weather will cooperate so I can take some pictures using his telephoto lens and the filter he created. :)  I'm hoping there will be some clear skies this weekend so I can take a few test shots of the sun. :) 

In other news, the fourth piece from the Doctor Who Fan Orchestra is out!! I wanted to embed the video for my blog, but alas, I am on dial up, and it's having issues with YouTube-it won't let me grab the link to embed the video-I'll have to wait until I'm somewhere with a faster connection.  For now, you can check out the Dalek Suite by clicking here. 
 :) 

 That's all for now-see you soon! :-D

Comments