wild weather day

Those in the Cleveland area-where were you when that crazy storm blew in around 4pm?

Sharon and I were in the stacks on the third floor of the library when it happened. We watched the clouds roll in extremely fast, with some pretty impressive flashes of lightning. Didn't have my camera but did have my cell phone. Here are a couple of pictures I uploaded to Twitpic:
Big Storm Coming! on Twitpic
3rd floor KSL, facing west

This one's my favorite:
STORM! on Twitpic
3rd floor KSL, facing north

When I got home, one of my pots of rose moss had tipped over (it's ok!) and my lantern lights were on. What's the big deal with the lights you say? Well, they are on a solar timer-when the sun goes down, they switch on for a few hours. It was so dark because of the storm, they switched on!! And no, that doesn't always happen when we get thunderstorms during the day. I think it happened at least once before earlier this summer.

Well, the air has cooled a little bit-my house is still warm, but it's at least a bit more tolerable than it was yesterday.

Stay cool, everybody-the temp may have dropped a little, but it's still gonna be pretty warm this weekend!!

Comments