the beginning of summer!

Well, I thought for sure I would post more in the month of June, but it just didn't happen. I caught a bad cold at the beginning of the month, which caused a double ear infection (yuck!), and I'm still not 100%. Blah!

It's weird still being here-usually by this time I'm in Minnesota visiting my family for the Fourth of July. I'm still going up there this summer-just later in July (after Mount Carmel!) Since I'm here, I'll be able to play in the parade at Shore Acres-I played there the first year I was in Italian Band, but ever since then I've always been in Minnesota. Wait, now that I think about it, I might have played there the first two years I was in Italian band...that still makes it 11 years since I've played that gig! ;)

I've got quite the container garden on my back porch-I've had quite a few successes, a couple of disappointments, a surprise, and one puzzle: I have no idea what's wrong with my marigolds this year-half of them are thriving right out of the window box, the other half seem to be thinning out. I turned the box around so the thinner side would get more sunlight, and have cut away the dead buds/leaves to encourage new growth, so we'll see how it holds up. *keeping fingers crossed* Indoor plant wise-I finally re-potted my jade plants! Most of my jade had died off, but I had several little pieces that I kept in water-they lived like this for a couple of years! So far they are doing well. Speaking of re-potting-I had to re-pot my African violets!!! These were ones I got at Jerm and Allison's wedding shower last July. I left them in their original pot and kept watering them after the original blooms had fallen off. Then, just before Easter, I noticed new blooms!!! That's a first for me!!! Those blooms fell off back in May, BUT-they are blooming again!!!! I noticed new buds a couple of weeks ago-unfortunately, the leaves were starting to look yellow (and the plant looked a little crowded), so I re-potted them-they are blooming again and the leaves are starting to look greener. :) I've also started feeding all my plants (indoors and out) on a regular basis (something I hadn't done in a while...)

Well, my afternoon break is just about up. So I'll leave you with this video, which incorporates two of my most favorite things: Orbital and Doctor Who!!

Epic. Win.

Comments