Tornadoes!

My friend Peter posted a link to this video on Facebook, and I just had to share:


(original link here: The Sideways Tornado).

It gave me goosebumps!!! Tornadoes have been on my mind lately (with all the activity this weekend, no wonder!)

I've always been fascinated by thunderstorms and tornadoes-no wonder this was one of my favorite books growing up:

(I loved those Lets Read and Find Out books!!!)

No, I am not a storm chaser, but I wouldn't mind playing one on tv. ;)

Growing up in MN, while not exactly what you would call 'tornado alley', we certainly had our fair share of tornadoes. Tornado drills were the norm (hey, do they still test the sirens on the first Wed. of every month at 1pm?), and I can remember having a set plan to get all of our outdoor toys inside the fastest way possible whenever a tornado siren sounded.

Here's a picture I took with my cell phone almost 2 years ago. My sister and I were on our way back to her place from the Cities when we got a call from my mom and the kids-you could hear the sirens going off in the background. The kids wanted us to pull over somewhere to stay safe (they didn't know we were still on the outskirts of the storm). As soon as we got off the phone, I snapped this picture:
stormy day in MN 2
Cool, yeah? :)

I think I'm going to have to start watching Vortex 2 on the Weather Channel now. Darn you, Mike Bettes!!! ;)

(Oh, yeah, I think I need to post a Marcon update soon...) ;)

Comments