Long-delayed updates...

D.W.Q.: "Eureka!!" -the Third Doctor

Well! I'm finally online at home!!! Took me a little over a month, but I'm all set up. (Actually, my computer has been set up for a while, but I just haven't had the energy to get online at home.) *hee*

I'm still trying to settle in-this is actually the first time I've been home on a Saturday night since I moved. I've had something going on every weekend. I've also been busy during the week, so that doesn't help.

I've managed to hook up my computer, get cable (digital! I get BBC America now!), get a wardrobe (the closets here are very small), and a new microwave (My old microwave was really old-I'm surprised it still worked.) Still need a new couch, though. Yah, I gave up my old couch-it was sad, it was the first couch I ever purchased (even though it was used, it was still mine!) Apparently I'm the only one who was comfortable in it (although my friend Mike did sleep on it while he stayed with me for Italian band events-but he was probably just being nice. ;) ) I couldn't find anyone who was willing to move it to my new place (and actually, the way the stairs are, we might not have been able to get it up here). So we put it out on the curb of my old place-it wasn't there 10 minutes before someone picked it up! I warned him it might not be comfortable, but if he wanted it, it was his. He was collecting stuff for charity (I have his card somewhere...)-so I gave him a bag of clothes I had been meaning to donate as well. Perhaps they can fix up the couch before they give it to a family.

Halloween came and went-I didn't get to decorate much-just my bay window (I did manage to get my Halloween village up this year) Since I didn't decorate much, I lent Persephone some of my Halloween decorations. Hopefully I'll get a little more up for Thanksgiving. By Christmas, I hope to have my Christmas stuff out of storage!

Yah, I need to get my stuff out of storage. I don't have any of my books, dvds, cds, knick-knacks, pictures, and my glasses and mugs (well, I do have a few, but not enough to last a week!) I've got my dining room table, but the legs need to be put back on (I"m using a card table for the time being) I'm going to hold off putting it together-I want to move one of my bookcases from the dining room to the living room-it'll be easier without the table in the way. But that has to wait until I get a new couch, because it'll probably be easier to get the couch in without the bookcase in the way! ;) (I really need to get that couch!)

I'm going to Chicago Tardis this Thanksgiving!! (I get to meet Elisabeth Sladen!!!) Normally I wouldn't even try-too close to Christmas-but, but-Elisabeth Sladen! Actually, when I moved, I was so afraid I wouldn't be able to pull it off-it drained all of my savings (my mad-money savings-for fun stuff) However, something unexpected happened, and not only will I be able to go to Chicago Tardis, but I'll be able to fly home at Christmas!!! I had been monitoring airfare (and train fare) since the beginning of August-I meant to post weekly updates here, but never got around to it. This is the first time since August that my flight had been under $400-even though it's still a little high (and I have to pay for my luggage), it's under 400, and I noticed whenever the prices dropped even a little, it was only like that for a week before it went back up.

BTW-I just discovered how AWESOME dvr is!!! I don't think I'll ever go back to the VCR again...(although never say never). LOL ;) I did set up my dvd and vcr so I can watch my Doctor Who stuff (yes, that came over with me-the box never made it to storage, so I guess I do have some stuff to watch. LOL)

I hate moving in October-it's the start of the busiest time of year! One of my friends from work, Michelle, says she noticed I've been looking really tired lately. I'm still not used to the sounds of the new house-some keep me awake. However, there is no one above me now, and the girls downstairs are pretty quiet. They seem nice-they had a big party, not only did they warn me about it, but invited me as well. (I went down and introduced myself to them before hand, but didn't stay-I had a sinus headache, plus, I was going to Cincinatti the next day) They are both CIA (Cleveland Institute of Art, silly) students, so I dont' see them much. (I hear art students spend alot of time in their studios!)

I miss living in the Coventry area-I'm just a tad to far away to walk. I am still able to hear the train horns, though! (that's one of my favorite nighttime sounds) I don't have a front porch (wahh), but I do have a small back porch. There's a bay window in the livingroom, which I love! :)

Well, I've finally finished checking my dreamingheart email-time for bed! :)

Comments