Mommy Time! ;)

D.W.Q.M.: Sarah: "Oh, I could murder a cup of tea. You're serious, aren't you?"
the Third Doctor: "About what I do, yes. Not necessarily the way I do it."

My Mommy came for a visit!! Well, actually, she went to D.C. to see the Pope, but she stopped by on her way there, and on her way back! So we had a short visit, 2 weekends in a row. ;) This was the first time she's seen my new place. :) Even though our time was short, we still managed to have fun.

The first weekend she was here, the Sarah Jane Adventures premiered on SciFi, so we watched that together. :) (Have I mentioned she's partly responsible for my Doctor Who addiction?) This was an extremely short visit, though-she had to leave the next morning for D.C., and I was headed for Cincinatti that weekend.

This past weekend, she came on Saturday. I had just bought the Time Warrior and Planet of Evil on dvd, so we sat down and watched the Time Warrior (which was my very first Doctor Who story) Saturday night-just like old times! :) Sunday we did a little shopping, watched more of the Sarah Jane Adventures, and we talked about some of my costuming efforts, and one of my knitting projects. I was having an issue with some of the directions for a baby blanket that I'm working on for Shanna, and just talking to her about it-we figured out what to do-yay! (let's hope I remember, now! LOL)

She's back home now, safe and sound-we didn't get to do alot, but hopefully next time she comes my way, we'll have more time!

Well, I bought a box of Stargate SG-1 season 9 trading cards for Open that Box Day-unfortunately, I waited too long to order, so I missed posting about it on Card Talk by about 11 hours. Oh, well-I'll probably post my findings here sometime, and I should post them to Card Talk, even though I missed the official entry. I wish I had more spare $$ to work on this hobby-'cause I really love my trading cards!! I like Open that Box Day-I've been setting aside a little bit of money towards a box for that each year, so even if I don't get to collect as much as I really want to during the year, at least I'll have one box to work with each year. Plus, it's fun participating! :)

Now that I have a porch, I want some outdoor plants! :-D I was at Target on Saturday, and in their dollar section, I found those little starter kits for plants. I ended up purchasing several different kinds of flowers (including sunflowers!) and a couple of cute little garden gnomes. LOL. I'm planning on potting them and creating a little mini-potted flower garden for my porch. I'll take pictures when I get it set up. :)

I know it's over an hour late, but Happy Earth Day!

Comments