back from MN

D.W.Q.M.: "How about a trip in the TARDIS? I'm just off." -the Fourth Doctor

Well, actually, I'm back! I have to admit, this was one of the most stressful vacations I've ever had, but that was sort of to be expected, with the accident and all. I survived! And amid all the stress, we managed to have some good times. :) However, I did manage to loose my cell phone. $%@#! The good news is, it dropped in the car my sister drove to the airport in. Bad news-this wasn't discovered until they were in Little Canada, and didn't have enough time to turn around.

My mom, my sister,and the two girls drove me to the airport. When I discovered my phone was missing, I asked complete strangers if I could use their phone to call mine. Everyone was really nice-including a woman from England who was very apologetic because her phone didn't work here in the States-she did offer me her long distance phone card-I told her it was ok, and thanked her anyway. :)

This is what happened at my sister's end: She was driving with our Mom in the front, and Boo and Mellon in the back-listening to the radio with the windows down. She hears a funny noise, and asks what that is. Boo told her that Mellon was playing with something, so she said ok, and went back to driving. A few minutes later she hears the noise again and says, 'What is that?!' and turns down the radio so she can hear. Suddenly she recognizes my ringer, and says, 'S#it! Mom! Find the phone!!' By the time they found it, they already missed my second call, and she calls the number back. According to her, the guy said there was a lady here panicking because she didnt' know where her phone was. Alicat said 'that's because she doesn't know where it is yet!' By the third try, they answered and Alicat said she was going to try to turn around. I looked at the clock and told her not to bother, that it would probably be easier (and less stressful on her part) just to send it to me. So, for the next couple of days, I am without a cell phone. (and boy do I feel naked-man! I didn't realize how much I relied on that thing!)

Special thanks to all the people who let me use their phones to make a call. Especially the group of friends at the gate who let me use their phone. I managed to call my sister again, as well as my ride from the airport here in Cleveland. *whew!*

So, despite all the stress, there were some good times-the first weekend I was there, we drove to Minneapolis to watch Sum's last softball game. Then Shan and her girls came back up to my sister's for the weekend. July 4th was awesome-we met at Shan's mother's apartment for a BBQ-Diane (shan's mom) still lives in our old neighborhood. Later Angel and her family met up with us, and we all went down to the place where we all grew up watching fireworks-Powdernhorn Park. It was awesome!!! Then the following Saturday, Angel and her family drove up to Alicat's to visit with us some more. It got later and later, and Alicat eventually convinced them to crash at her place for the night. I got a ton of pictures-hopefully I"ll be better at posting some. I even took a few pictures for my Travel Dog page-maybe I'll eventually get around to updating that as well!!!

Comments