Ro and Shar's Look and Feel Fantastic Plan

D.W.Q.M.: "Carrot juice, carrot juice, carrot juice..." -the Sixth Doctor

Okay! Labor Day has come and gone-it's the end of summer. Time to turn over a new leaf!
Shar and I have decided to try to loose some weight together. (I for one, would be much happier if my jeans were a little 'not-so-tight')

So we have a weekly weigh in-last Tuesday we both started at X. Unfortunately, due to carelessness and an evening of stadium food (mmmm....garlic fries...) I gained a little. Shar did great though-yay, Shar!!

Anyhoo, the idea is, we'll keep track of what we eat, try to exercise more (which includes more lunchtime walks), and just basically give each other some moral support. Workplace weightloss programs seem to be the new thing-there's Weight Watchers at Work next door-it meets every Wednesday, and apparently there's a 'biggest loser' type contest going on here at work (although I'm not taking part in that.) I really need to start walking more again-last fall (before the holidays), I lost close to 20 pounds from walking and playing disc golf on a regular basis (lots of walking around in disc golf, lots.) I certainly felt better, and I noticed I wasn't eating as much junk food when I was more active.

I haven't decided if I'm going to use this blog to keep track of my progress, though-maybe...we'll see. ;)

Speaking of walks-Shar and I have noticed a fair amount of 'unusual' wildlife when we've been out. It started when she was still teaching me how to drive-we were driving around Lakewood Cemetary, and we managed to see a rabbit, a deer, a fox (we were quite surprised at that one), and some geese-all in the same day! Last Friday we went to the botanical gardens at lunch and came accross a small possum. Today, while walking around the lagoon, we saw a heron! Shar said there's just something about me and wildlife. (It must run in the family-my sister has had a bear in her neighborhood. A bear!!!) ;)

Here's to looking good and feeling fantastic! Woo!

Comments